Reading time: 2 min
Updated 14 March 2017, 11:45am
Important information on how the China Capable Public Sector team collects, stores and uses personal information of website visitors.
Collection, storage and use
2. You can browse this website without the need to disclose any personal information.
3. We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- when you complete forms on this Site (including surveys, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms and other forms);
- when you create, modify or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through this Site;
- in the course of receiving questions, comments or other communications from you.
4. Personal information that you provide will be held by MFAT and the company that hosts this website, Wavelength Limited. We will only use your personal information for the purposes of administering, evaluating and improving this Site or improving our services and communicating with you. Wavelength will only use your personal information to the extent necessary to provide administration and improvement services in relation to the Site.
Statistical information and cookies
9. We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and not personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on the Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the Site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you used (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser
10. The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators.
Records and disclosure statement
12. Your emails and contributions to the Site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. MFAT may also be required to disclose that information under the Official Information Act 1982.
Rights of access and correction
13. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to MFAT in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that MFAT has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. MFAT may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Private Bag 18-901
Phone: (+64 4) 439 8000
14. If you are not satisfied with
our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Enquiries line: 0800 803 909